To make sure that your garden pots are frost-proof, it is important that you follow the following advice:
- Fill up the garden pot with 1/3 of Leca or a similar material to create a drain. The drain ensures that excess water can exit the pot, so that it does not break in frosty weather.
- To ensure that the drain is free, it is important that the pot is raised from the ground by use of pot feet or pebbles.
- The garden pot is not to be placed in a saucer during the winter season.
- If you do not use pot feet and Leca, but remove your plants from the garden pot during the winter season, it is important that the pot is completely emptied of soil.
- If left outside during the winter season, please avoid bumping the garden pot.
- There is no guarantee on garden pots that have been technically modified (e.g. self-watering, coating etc.).